So. It has been so long since I’ve posted, I’m almost ashamed!
Not really, but you know what I mean :)
Before starting this post I read my last one, Executive Classroom Mom, and boy, have I got news for you all! But, before I begin, let me just say this: having a child makes Christmas MAGICAL. For every gift he opened today, my Little’s face was absolutely indescribable. My heart melted about fifty times today! And tonight, when he said today was the best Christmas ever, every moment that I beat myself up these last few days was worth it. One of the coolest things about this Christmas though was the fact that my Little told me himself what the holiday is about: Jesus. That’s one of the sweetest things I’ve heard my son say because I feel in my heart that he believes it, and as a Christian woman who knows the reality of Jesus and his salvation, I’m proud of these words coming out of his little, gap filled mouth. I’ve taken the rest of the week off of work and have already noticed a sense of relief and feelings of excitement the longer I’ve been home because……
Once I return, I have four days left and will begin a new journey working for myself!!!!
It’s scary, but super exciting, and I can already feel a new motivation in me that I haven’t felt in such a long time. I am more purposeful at home already, and have been looking forward to taking on some projects I have put off, and look forward to the following things the most:
1) Being able to continue to be fully involved in my Little’s school and activities with no work interruption;
2) Working from home;
3) Working more directly for my family and self, as opposed to working for another business and fulfilling someone else’s dream instead of my own dreams;
4) Becoming more purposeful and intentional in ALL things as I am able to slow down my life and live it in the way I’ve wanted for the last six years;
5) Becoming closer to God;
6) Growing my family closer to God while learning how to be a better wife;
7) Learning to plan and take better care of my family’s home;
8) Working toward creating and growing generational wealth for my family and my Little and his own family when he’s all grown up; and,
9) Finally publish my book.
That is such a long list but I absolutely intend to detail my progress in each of these areas over the course of the upcoming months, God willing. I’ll probably post more randomly too because I will have more time to read and write, and my stress level has already come a long ways down so I hopefully will not be trading time for writing blog posts with “quiet time.”
I am so excited for change!
Is there anything you are changing up in your life? I would love to hear about it!