Galatians 3:26 tells us that we are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. He knows us so intimately that the hairs on our heads are all numbered (Matthew 10:30), and "He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them," (Psalm 147:4). How amazing is our God! He is King of all Kings and Lord of all Lords and he loves us so much that he knows us so personally :)
We are not gifted with Salvation because we are good, but because we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and savior. We are all sinners, but because Jesus came to earth, lived a perfect life, and died for our sin, we are forgiven and declared free of guilt and consequence of sin before God when we accept and love His son. This is why we are his children.
One of the most important things you can do as a child of God is pray and be in communication with Him. As so many of us moms are sending our little people off to school in the mornings, and entering new routines, it is so important to keep our families under constant prayer. Here are a few tips!
1) Make prayer cards. At the beginning of your week, grab a few notecards and make prayer cards for your family. Don't be methodical or overly formal with your requests. Write and talk to God as you would your dad! Make one specifically for your children, your spouse, your parents, siblings and most importantly for your home. Write down prayers for upcoming events and concerns but most importantly, for what you'd like to see. Pray for strong relationships with Jesus for your growing babies, for example, or for your husband to learn how to slow down and enjoy the Present :)
2) Pray for those things that are going well. Make sure that you pray for those people and events that may not even seem to need prayer. It is important to make sure that we are thankful and prayerful in ALL situations, those that are good as well as those that are not.
3) Take time out daily. In the car, in your office at work, during a walk around your neighborhood, or even while you lay in bed at night. Be thankful that you have such an amazing God, and be in peace that He wants to know you.
4) Pray that your prayers are answered according to His will. Sometimes we want things done that are not in God's will for us. As you pray, pray this His will be done in each and every situation and circumstance.
5) Wait for your prayers to be answered. Add to your card stash as new prayer needs arise, and as you see God answering you, keep a separate stash of prayer cards to help you remember that while it may take him some time, God does hear us, and he answers all of his children!
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you (Matthew 7:7).